19 September 2014

Changing of the Seasons | End of Summer 2014

Gone Fishin'!

This Summer has definitely been one for the books. Of course there were ups + downs, but I'd have to say there were more ups than downs for sure. With each coming + passing Season there are changes, as rarely do things in life ever stay the same. This Summer I was very grateful for the changes that were bestowed on me + feel very blessed to be where I am now. For better or for worst everything happens for a reason + it shapes + forms who we become + the choices we make. But I've gone off on a tangent now. Just wanted to reflect a bit on this passing Summer + share a few of my favorite memories + photos, as well as share a few things I'm looking forward to for this coming Fall.

This Summer offered those warm nights filled with bsing + drinking the night away. It offered me new love + a new perspective of what I thought love was + can be. It offered me a new perspective of myself, which led to more self confidence + new knowledge of life lessons. It offered me fun trips to the river with those I love + new adventures of fishing for the first time (which consequently led to learning how to prep + cook fish, specifically BBQing it for the first time). This Summer also offered me the exhilarating feeling of really feeling alive + being able to completely let go  of everything like I've never been able to or thought was possible before. It brought me rejuvenation not just emotionally but artistically as well, which led to an even deeper desire to take my artistic endeavors more seriously. This new desire leading to new + bigger artistic ventures, such as my SN&R Newsstand, which was my favorite art project that I've ever had an opportunity to do.

"We cannot stop the winter or the summer from coming. 
We cannot stop the spring or the fall or make them other than they are. 
They are gifts from the universe that we cannot refuse. 
But we can choose what we will contribute to life when each arrives."

Summer + Fall are my two favorite Seasons. So although I am sad to see warm Summer nights fade away I am looking forward to those cool Fall evenings, getting all snuggled up on the couch. The weather is just perfect in the Fall, at least in my opinion, it's not too cold + not too hot, but juust right. I'm not only looking forward to sweatshirt weather, but I'm also looking forward to the flavors + foods of the season. Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin. I've said it before + I'll say it again, love me some pumpkin anything! I'll definitely be making these pumpkin muffins + this little pumpkin number again this coming Fall. As you know we haven't had a holiday since July (+ you know how I loovve my holidays) so I'm really excited for the upcoming holidays of Halloween + Thanksgiving. I just love getting to dress up + decorate + carve pumpkins + make Halloween treats + cards + watch all my favorite Halloween movies like The Nightmare Before X-mas. Thanksgiving brings all kinds of joys as well + not just the food but the time we get to spend with family. Really setting our time away for them + to reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for. I'm also really looking forward to taking a trip up to Apple Hill! It's one of my all time favorite places to visit during the Fall as the scenery is beautiful! 


Here are a few of my favorite shots from this Summer...

Hot days staying cool by the river...


Those warm Summer nights...

Favorite pictures of my pups from this Summer...

Evening walks with mom...


I hate to see ya go Summer, but it's time to see what the Fall has to bring.

I would love to hear what your favorite Summer memory was or what you're looking forward to most for the Fall! So go ahead...comment below :)

Until next time friends...Cheers!!!

<3 Noonie