11 September 2014

Creamy Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Fettuccine



I don't recall where I originally was inspired to try to make this dish, but I found this recipe + it sounded so delicious I knew I had to make it! I made it my goal as part of my MOTW|Ed 3 to try this recipe this week + that's exactly what I did. I've never made any sauce from scratch so I was pretty excited to try my hand at this recipe, which turned out delicious + super easy to make! The sauce has a perfect balance between the lemon + garlic, neither of them overpowering the other, but rather complementing each other perfectly. I've been craving shrimp lately, so although the original recipe I looked at didn't call for shrimp I decided to add some in + it was so. damn. goood. Because the sauce does have so much flavor + is somewhat rich, eating it as is without any meat would be just as delicious. Below is the recipe as I found it, however I do have some other notes as to what I did differently which can be found at the bottom.

Let's get down to business...

Ingredients:

Garnishment:
* 3 t. Lemon peel, grated
* 2 t. Fresh parsley, minced
* 2 Garlic cloves, minced

Sauce:
* 1/4 C. Butter
* 1 Small onion, chopped
* 2 Garlic cloves, minced
* 1 t. Lemon peel, grated
* 1/2 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
* 1/2 t. Salt
* 1/8 t. Pepper
* 4 oz. Cream cheese, cubed
* 2 T. Lemon juice
* 2 Tomatoes, diced
* 2 t. Fresh parsley, minced
* Parmesan Cheese, grated

* Fettuccine Noodles

How To:

* Mix garnishment set aside, + start your Fettuccine noodles.

* In a large skillet over medium high heat melt the butter. 

* Add onion + cook 3-4 mins until tender.

* Add garlic + lemon peel.

* Slowly stir in heavy cream, salt + pepper.

* Whisk in cream cheese + stir until melted.

* Remove sauce from heat + let it cool slightly.

* Add in lemon juice

* Add pasta, tomatoes + parsley to the sauce + toss to coat.

* Serve immediately, top with garnishment + Parmesan cheese.

* Enjoy! :)

Notes: 

* Like I said I added shrimp to my pasta. I just bought a 40-60 count bag of frozen cooked shrimp, defrosted it + then warmed up the shrimp in a skillet with a few spoonfuls of the sauce + some water.

* I opted to omit the tomatoes since I wanted more of a lemon garlic flavor. I also didn't include the lemon peel which I don't think really played in a big factor, my pasta still had a nice zesty lemon flavor from the lemon juice alone. 

* I love a ton of sauce on my pasta so next time I make this I think I may double the sauce recipe, I got about 3 servings out of the recipe as it is. 

* I didn't toss my pasta in the sauce like the recipe calls for, however I do wish I had as it is a very thick sauce + would be best tossed rather than ladled onto the pasta. 


I can't say enough good things about this recipe, it was that delicious! Definitely putting this one down in the recipe book + can't wait to make it again! Next time I might try making it with chicken + maybe I'll add broccoli to it :) There are just so many combinations that would be so good with this sauce, I'll go do some experimenting + get back to ya.

Until next time friends...Cheers!!

<3 Noonie