14 September 2014

AFOMFT | 5

If you're new around these parts A Few of My Favorite Things is a weekly series that entails my favorite things of the week. From newly discovered favorite pieces of art, to a new favorite quote + whatever other random things catch my fancy that particular week. As I've mentioned before this weekly series was inspired by the blog A Beautiful Mess.


Here are a few of my favorite things from this week... 


THIS QUOTE:

"Swing Life Away" | Oil Pastel | Created by yours truly

To me this quote is all about self love.

Be kind + patient with yourself + give yourself some credit, dammit. Self love is such an important thing to have + to hold on to no matter what's going on in life. Don't forget it.


THIS PIECE OF ART:

Creating Art places my soul at ease" - MF 
Mark Fox. This dude is badass. Not only that but he's also a local artist, gotta have love for my fellow Sacramento artists! <3 I found Mark's work via his Instagram + just love every piece there is to see on it! From his abstract works to the little poems + sayings he includes with some of the pieces he posts, the creativity just jumps right out atcha! Quite the amazing thing + somewhat of a rarity at that. You best go check out his page, I know you'll be happy you did! 


THESE SHOES: 


"Got my Vans on, but they look like sneakers." Yeah sorry had to go there lol. Just love that song. Spoiled myself this week + bought myself some new kicks, of course they're Vans. I've been a fan of Vans since forever + I don't see my my love for them going anywhere. I mean I've been wearing them for over 1/2 my life now, such a crazy thought (that makes me feel old lol). I just love their simple, yet clean design + how they come in a variety of colors + patterns. You can even make your own custom pair on their website, how cool is that?! Anyways decided on these blue bad boys, as I loved the shade of blue they are + I didn't own any shoes of this shade. Pretty damn happy with them + they look awesome with my dark blue jeans. 



THIS MEAL:


Creamy Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Fettuccine. Might look familiar as I did share the recipe for this delicious dish earlier this week. It was seriously so damn good! The sauce is rich, creamy + has just the right balance between the lemon + the garlic, if you haven't tried making this yet...#fail.

Anyways I hope you all had an awesome week + an even better weekend! :)


Until next time friends...Cheers!!!


<3 Noonie