27 August 2014

Pumpkin Cravings! | Muffins w/ Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting |


If you're a regular around these parts, you'd know this recipe was comin'! As part of my Musings of The Week I decided to try my hand at making these bad boys + they turned out delicious! I found the recipe for them on VeryBestBaking.com. The result of the recipe are muffins that are spongy on the outside + have a nice soft center on the inside, bottom line they are hella good! Wanted to share it with ya as is, although I did include a few little notes of what I plan on doing different next time I make them. Get your ingredients together + let's make some muffins! 

Ingredients 


* 3 C. Flour
* 1 T. + 1 t. Pumpkin Pie Spices
* 2 t. Baking Soda
* 1 1/2 t. Salt
* 3 C. Sugar
* 1 15oz. Can Pumpkin  
* 4 Eggs
* 1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
* 1/2 C. Water

How To 

- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease/line muffin tin


-Combine flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, baking soda + salt
-In separate bowl combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil + water, mix well 
(will be runny but don't fret)
- Slowly add flour mix to pumpkin mix, stir well


- Spoon batter into cups filling them about 3/4 full
- Bake 25 minutes

- Cool + enjoy as is or...

-Add some frosting!


Tips: I'm one of those people who are constantly wanting to improve things. Like I said these are delicious as is, but next time I make these I'm going to add a little more Pumpkin Pie Spice + some Nutmeg to add a little more flavor. I would also like to add raisins + nuts next time I make these, as I think they would just put these muffins over the top!

Now the Cream Cheese frosting wasn't part of the original recipe I looked up, but after eating a muffin plain I decided they needed a little more kick of sweetness to them. (I am a confirmed sugar-holic after all)


Cream Cheese Frosting


This was my first time making Cream Cheese frosting from scratch, but as there are very few ingredients needed it was super easy + quick to make. I found the recipe for this frosting here. As this is not commercial cream cheese frosting the muffins will need to be refrigerated after being frosted. 

Ingredients:

* 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter, softened
* 1/2 C. Cream Cheese, softened
* 2 C. Powdered Sugar
* 1 t. Vanilla Extract

How To:

- In a large bowl combine butter + cream cheese together with a mixer
- Slowly add powered sugar until smooth
- Beat in vanilla extract
- Frost your favorite dessert! In this case the muffins :)

They taste great both cold + warmed up! 

Hope you enjoy these bad boys as much as my family + I have! :) 

Until next time friends...Cheers!!!

<3 Noonie