01 September 2014

Who, Not What.

"All the waves are part of one big ocean"
- My Greek Buddy

Recently I have been struggling with the path I want to take in life, left, right, center, meandering through the wilderness has been a wonderfully fun adventure. Some days I am great, and some days I freak out, trying to plan for every detail has been draining. The problem with being a 'planner' (in life not my profession) is that I always want to have a plan. I gather all the information, mull over it, make an informed decision, well sometimes it doesn't work out the way you want it to. Heck, it NEVER turns out the way you expect. I plan and plan and plan and life always ends up working out the way it wants to, and it is usually great.

Anywho, in my new constant state of flux I've been trying to piece together some aspects of what I want do 'be' what I want to do and who I want to become, I came upon this article. The person who wrote it is completely right, I've been mulling over this idea lately of why do our professions have to define us? Our personalities and what we do should be the deciding factors, not our careers.

That being said, 'who' do you want to be when you grow up?