07 April 2014

Tuna + Tomato




As I've mentioned before I'm not a huge fan of fish, however I've been making an effort to incorporate more healthy fats into my diet (this being one). Of all the fishes tuna has got to be my favorite, something about it being more meaty and less fishy makes me all giddy inside.

Now I've been watching too many Italian movies lately or something, because I've been craving some Italian flavors. This conundrum led to the dish I present you with today.
For me a very "Italian" food is a simple arugula salad: arugula, tomato, olive oil; buonissimo! Wanting to add the fish, and being the lazy chef that I am, I simply baked it in olive oil and lemon.


Ingredients
Tuna
Olive Oil
Lemon
Salt
---
Arugula
Tomato
Olive Oil
Salt

Directions:
1. Prep tuna
- rub both sides wit olive oil, lemon juice, and spices of your choice.
- let sit for 30 minutes +
- put a little more olive oil
2. Preheat oven to 450' when ready insert fish into oven. Cook for 10 minutes (I flipped it after 5)
3. Prep arugula salad: throw everything in bowl and mix
4. Plate, Pour yourself a glass of red, + Enjoy

Tips:
- When tuna is baking in olive oil the oil has a similar characteristic as frying bacon, so be sure to wear gloves when removing from oven.
- For a dipping sauce for the tuna: drain oil from baking pan into a small bowl. This sauce came out surprisingly delicious!
- Drizzle balsamic reduction over salad for some added flavor