27 April 2014

Irish Hunger Memorial



I cannot remember if I have mentioned it before, but I love coffee, and one of my favorite coffee shops in NYC is Laughing Man. Not only does this coffee shop have superb coffee, they donate 1/2 of all proceeds to the farmers, they carry gluten free vegan sugar free goodies, they're owned by Hugh Jackman, and the customer service is great! While my usual location is the Duane Street shop, this particular day I decided to venture over to one of their other locations at North End Ave. An added bonus of trying out this location was exploring an area of Manhattan I had never been in + getting to see the Irish Hunger Memorial, which for some reason I had never visited until today.

The memorial is simple and well done.
I of course visited with a coffee + vegan cookie in hand.

Until we meet again,
Nelli