19 February 2014

Balsamic Reduction

Balsamic reduction is something that I became addicted to while working at Giano Restaurant.
Every night when I would get off work I would order the Insalata Mediterranea but with the balsamic reduction as the sauce, and an addiction was born!
A few years later I remember this little treasure and decided to make some of my own. This sauce is super simple to make and I made enough to store in my fridge and use for a few salads in the future.

Ingredients:
Balsamic Vinegar

Directions:
1. Pour vinegar into sauce pan
Use as much or as little as you would like I used 1 cup
2. Put on medium heat until it boils, then lower the heat for about 5 minutes
3. If you like it a little thicker cook it longer
I made mine thick, so my 1 cup turned into about 1/3 of a cup. If you make it thinner you'll yield more.

Tips:
The sauce will thicken up after you remove it from heat.





Sorry the photo quality isn't great today