03 April 2014

Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

If I haven't mentioned it before, coconut macaroons are one of my all time favorite cookies (blueberry coconut macaroons) so I tend to make variations of them and this round is definitely on my list of favorites!

The photograph below has some of my favorite things in it: Scarlett, Cookies, + thoughts of Georgia. I was recently in Savannah (which I will be blogging about soon), and picked up that nifty magazine which happened to have my all time favorite movie featured on the cover. Like many little girls who grew up in America I always wanted to be Scarlett O'Hara; the charm, the clothes, the spunk!
Now that I am mostly grown up I have re-evaluated that desire; but anytime I watch the movie I get as giddy as a schoolgirl, fantasizing about long puffy dresses, refreshments on the porch, and of course a tumultuous relationship with a southern boy.
"Oh Rhett"


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350'
2. Mix everything together
3. Bake for 12 minutes

Yield:
5 cookies

Tips:
If the mixture is too dry add more milk +/or honey until it reaches desired consistency.
If its too wet add more coconut +/or flour.
Chia, Flax, + Carob are not necessary but I figure if I can throw them in and make my cookies healthier then why not?


It's been a pleasure.
-Nelli