14 April 2014

Sweet Potato Croquettes


I've been smitten with sweet potatoes for some time now, they're good for digestion, they taste delicious, and there is a plethora of recipes for how to use them online.
So of course I go on a hunt for a croquette recipe, because what better way is there to eat your veggies than mashing them all up and rolling them into a ball?

These little guys turned out to be one of my absolute favorites, I don't know if the word 'croquette' does it justice, its more of: 'if a falafel + hush puppy had a baby + filled it with sweet potato it would be this.' These are so flavorful + delicious, just thinking about them has me drooling.
Any-who, I hope you enjoy!



Directions:
1. Bake or boil sweet potato for 1 hour
2. Cook quinoa (1/2 cup dry + 1 cup water, boil, cover + simmer for 12 minutes)
3. Mash sweet potato
4. Put all of the ingredients together and mix
5. Place rounded spoonfuls onto oiled baking sheet
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes

Yield:
15 croquettes

Tips:
Add Flour!
On my first round I attempted to do these flour-less (from the blog I was following) and they were a disaster. While the flavor was good they were basically the same as the 'mash' so if you want to bake them and make them into croquettes add some type of flour.

Until we meet again,
Nelli