31 March 2014

Banana Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins



This recipe was intended to be another collaboration with my buddie Nathan, however, I was too excited to wait, sorry Nathan.
He and I were looking for a recipe that we could create together, I wanted to make banana bread + he was looking to use up some raspberries. Amongst the two of us we found this recipe on The Little Epicurean's blog and I am so happy we did!

As per usual, you can find my vegan modifications below.



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375'
2. Prep Chia Egg (combine 1 tbsp chia + 2 tbsp water)
3. Make oat flour (put oats in food processor and combine until desired consistency)
4. Combine Dry ingredients in large bowl
-- I also threw in a tbsp of flax meal for added health
5. Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl (coconut oil, oat-buttermilk, + chia egg)
6. Pour wet ingredients into dry + mix completely
7. Mash Banana + Raspberries (separate or together, it doesn't matter)
8. Spoon into muffin tins
9. Bake for 20 minutes
10. Remove, Let Sit, + Enjoy!
--Optional: Drizzle melted chocolate on top

Yield: 
40 mini-muffins

Tips:
Muffins taste better at room temperature, not sure why but the flavors seem to come out.
To make your own vegan buttermilk simply combine your 1 cup of milk with 1 tbsp of vinegar.