30 March 2014

My boy Jack.

The day I brought Jack home <3

If you read an earlier post of mine 'Forgive Me Father, For I have Sinned', you might've figured out I'm not much of a "kid person". Any little person over the age of 3-4ish I can handle but any younger and I'm getting into foreign territory. I've never felt like I've had much of a maternal extinct in me, if any at all to be honest. Now don't go thinkin I'm a cold hearted you know what just yet. I guess I'm not much of a "kid person" because I wasn't ever really around babies or kids as I was growing up. I never babysat or anything. My youngest brother is 11 years younger than me, so I do remember him as a baby, but at that time I only saw him every weekend/every other weekend so it's not like I was around him a ton when he was a babe.
His first time camping :)

It's not that I don't like kids, they're okay once they hit 3 or so, but babies just make me nervous which is why I've only held a baby less than a handful of times in my life. I guess they make me nervous because they are so fragile and dependent. For all of these reasons you can probably guess I definitely do not plan on having kids in my lifetime. I have a hard enough time taking care of myself let alone someone else.

Watching a movie with momma
He loves trips to the river!

Although I've never had that maternal extinct in me, or went "googoo gaga" over any any babies I have always loved animals and will googoo gaga a dog any day of the week. I know I know I'm terrible. We got our first dog when I was about 8 years old or so, he was my stepdad's dog but became the family dog after we moved into his house. He was a Pit Bull named Partner, and he was the sweetest boy! I have so many good memories of Partner and I really miss him.We got our second dog, a puppy time this when I was about 13 years old or so, and we named him Shiloh. Shiloh was a beagle and only 6 weeks old when we got him although he was definitely not a sweet boy like Partner at all. But that's why we loved him, he was definitely a strong willed dog and you definitely didn't want to get on his bad side otherwise he would bite. But we loved him and miss him nonetheless. A few weeks after Shiloh died (at the age of 10) I got my first dog, Jack. Jack is the first dog I've had that was my dog and not the families' dog. I rescued Jack from a woman that fostered dogs. Someone had showed up one moring with Jack in tote to the foster ladies' home saying that Jack had showed up on their porch the night before. The very next day I heard about Jack through the grape vine and I went to go see if we clicked. Obviously we did.


Jack Jack in his Halloween costume he was a 'bad dog' that year lol
My little dear Christmas 2011

The day I got Jack was March 30th 2009, which I declared would be his birthday as I had absolutely no information about Jack when I got him. The one thing I did know is someone had abused Jack, he was very head shy for the first 3 months or so that he was with me. But slowly and surely he came out of his shell and learned that his new momma would never lay her hands on him. Because of Jack's background he is obviously very loyal to me, my little sidekick. He's been there for me so many times when no one else could be and I'm very grateful for my little four legged friend. It was just Jack and I for a couple of years which was nice, we really had an opportunity to bond before my boyfriend and I met and his little sister Lucy and little brother Duke came around.


Jack on his 4th birthday :)
My tree climber! Trying to get those squirrels!

You might be wondering what the point of this story is...and that is the date I mentioned above...March 30th! That's right...TODAY!! Today is my little Jack Jack's birthday! As I mentioned I didn't have any information about Jack when I got him, but when I took him to the vet back then they told me he was about a year old. Which means today is Jack's 6th birthday!!! (Yes I know I'm a weirdo for celebrating my dog's birthday) But I'm just so proud of my little fur baby!

One of my favorite pictures of Jack
Such a funny personality
He really is the smartest dog of the 3, but he is also the most stubborn! Lol. He does know some tricks though, which the other dogs don't for lack of patience on my part to teach them any. Jack can sit, shake, "get his tail" and high five! So proud of my little terrier boy!! Happy Birthday Jackie boy!!! Momma loves you!!! <3



Jack and I's song!