12 October 2014

AFOMFT | 8


"...these are a few omfavorite things". If you're new around these parts AFOMFT is a weekly series that entails my favorite things of the week. I'm constantly finding new quotes I like + new favorite paintings/artists etc. + I thought it'd be fun to share my favorites of the week via this series! :)

Enjoy!


THIS QUOTE:

"Drowning Time" Painted by: Yours Truly

You may already know this if you're a regular around here + caught this post, but I LOVE Surrealism. So it goes without saying I of course love Dali's work + I really liked this quote I found of his because it very much applies to me. I'm usually pretty easy going about a lot of things, far from a perfectionist. But as soon as I pick up that brush/pastel/marker etc. I become a huge perfectionist. It only gets worse once I'm "done" with the piece + I usually end up spending just as much time doing touch ups on the piece as I did actually painting it, trying to perfect each + every little nook + cranny of it. I just can't help myself. Even when I finally decide I've had enough + declare the piece completely finished I'll come back to it later + still not be completely satisfied. (*I should note that I don't feel like this about all of my pieces, just most of them lol.) But this my friends brings us to this quote, Dali was spot on right. I'm not going to reach complete perfection with all of my pieces or even most of them, but at the end of the day I can chalk up those imperfections as experiences. Now I'll know next time what to do/what not to do, so in the end it's all good. :) 


THIS PAINTING:


"The Harlequin's Carnival". Okay so I didn't really discover this Joan Miro painting for the first time this week, but I did re-discover it. I first learned about this piece while taking an art history course a couple of years ago + I immediately loved it! I mean all of Miro's work is exquisite. So when I found out about the Miro exhibit at the Carnegie Arts Center in Turlock I was beyond excited! There's only a 2 hour drive that separates me from seeing actual Miro Printmade pieces + you bet I'm going to be making that journey sometime soon before the exhibit is over. But I've got a little time to get to it as it ends in January of next year. 

Check out the art center's page for more info! 


THIS GUY: 


Bryce Petty. Oooo-Wweee! ;) I am a newbie when it comes to watching Football. I had never paid much attention to the sport because no one in my family ever played or watched it so I never learned the logistics of it, that is until as of lately. My bf is a huge football fan + when he heard I didn't know the game he told me "well you're goin' have to learn if you're goin' be hangin' out with me" lol. That morning I learned the game of football + while I was watching this hottie ^^ popped up on the screen! Needless to say the Baylor Bears are now my favorite team hehe ;)


THIS PHOTO: 


Evidence of the changing Season. I snapped this photo a few weeks ago as I was in awe of the red, orange + yellow leaves. These were the first leaves I had seen this year that had already changed colors so I thought it'd be cool to capture this moment of me officially saying hello to Fall + goodbye to Summer


THIS INSTA ACCT:


James Tillery. I can't recall how I came across this lovely poet's page, but when I did I scrolled all the way to the bottom + read every single one of his amazing poems. The love poem pictured above was one of my favorites of his, but he also writes poems about a variety of subjects. Such a talented poet! 


Go check out his Instagram page to see what I'm talkin' about! :)


THIS MEAL DESSERT:


Chocolate Avocado Mousse. Well I guess it could be a meal ;) lol. Might sound familiar as I did just share the recipe for it a few days ago, but it was seriously soo good! + if your faced is all twisted up right now after reading that, you need to try the recipe even more! I swear it'll make a believer out of you! :)

These were just a few of my favorite things from this week, but I'd like to know... 
What was your favorite thing from this week? 
Comment below <3

Until next time friends...Cheers!!!

<3 Noonie