07 October 2014

Chicken Pot Pie Muffins


If you happened to catch my MOTW | 4 you'd know I had set my sights on making this dish, I did just that + the results were delicious! I had never tried to make pot pies before, but I really liked this 'muffin' version of it, which is why I chose to use this recipe. It is somewhat of a non traditional pot pie recipe as there isn't any gravy involved, but I really liked it + I know you will too! 

Grab your ingredients + let's make some pot pies! :) 


Whatcha Need:

  • * 1 T. Baking Powder
  • * 1 t. Salt
  • * 1/4 t. Pepper
  • * 1 1/4 C. Milk
  • * 1/4 C. Butter, melted
  • * 1 Egg
  • * 2/3 C. Parmesan cheese, shredded 
  • * 1 C. Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
  • * 1 C. Frozen Mixed Veggies, thawed

Note: I only had grated Parmesan Cheese on hand + it worked just fine for this recipe. I also didn't have Rotisserie Chicken so I used boneless, skinless chicken breast which I diced + boiled before getting everything else together. Be resourceful! :)  

How To: 

- Preheat oven to 400.

- Combine flour, baking powder, salt + peppa.

- In a separate bowl whisk milk, egg + butter, add to flour mix.

- Fold in cheese, chicken + veggies into the dough, 
be sure not to overwork

- Grease a 12 count muffin tin + fill each cup 3/4 full, 
sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese on top.

- Place in oven + bake 25 mins.

Fresh out of the oven!

- Serve with butter, ketchup, or hot sauce on the side or go crazy + add some hot Velveeta Cheese or Country Gravy right on top! Enjoy!

Dense, layered goodness!

Really loved this recipe + definitely plan on using it again in the future! I served my pot pie muffins alongside some Mac n' Cheese + salad, + it was the perfect combo! In fact it was the Mac n' Cheese that made me think of trying Velveeta cheese on top of the muffins next time! I think it'd be so delicious! My bf suggested these muffins would also taste great with some Country Gravy on top + I totally agree! I think the gravy would also kind of convert these non traditional pot pie muffins into more of a traditional pot pie. These muffins warm up well microwaved + if you have leftovers changing up what you top these with will almost make it seem like you're eating a whole different meal when really it's just your leftovers :) I think next time I make these I might try a different variation on this recipe, a couple of ideas my bf + I came up with...

* Chicken Cheese Broccoli Muffins
* Chicken Bacon Cheese Muffins, dipped in Ranch 
* Turkey + Cranberry (would be great for the upcoming holidays!)
+ 1 more variation which is currently top secret info, just know it's going to be good! 


There really are so many different variations + toppings one could try with this recipe which is really why I liked it so much. Plus it's super easy to put together + like I said the muffins reheat great! Will be sure to catch up with ya later about the top secret variation of this recipe that's currently under works! ;) 

Until next time friends...Cheers!!

<3 Noonie