18 October 2014

Forgotten Resource




If you've been around here for a while you'd know how much I love the blog Carrie Ellen's Art Studio! In fact she was even featured right here on BSOM before :) Her work is just so inspiring and I love how she's always experimenting with different mediums, like myself. Recently she published a post on her blog titled Good Reads, which was all about her trip to the local library in search of some inspiration. I'm talking about art books. She found a ton of inspirational ideas from these books + so she prompted us her readers to check out our local libraries so we could do the same. Of course I did just that. 


It was about 10:00 at night when I read that particular post of hers, so of course the libraries were closed. But I wasn't going to let that stop me. I hopped onto the Sacramento Library website + started my search for Art related books, + I found a ton! They weren't all located at the my local library so I simply put them on hold + requested the books that very night. They've slowly been coming in + I've been discovering all kinds of inspiration + projects I'd like to try! 

I've really been enjoying all of these art books, but the one that really has struck a chord with me is titled Healing with the Arts, which is a book that serves as a 12 week program that is supposed to help the reader heal via art. Each week the reader is given a different exercise to complete, including working on an art journal. It's my first time reading this type of book + it's also my first time creating an art journal (although it's not much different than a sketchbook) I've been really enjoying it. I will definitely be sharing my experiences with this book + the finished pieces that result from the exercises as they come. I'm currently working on week 1's exercise in my art journal but I'm just about done with it so be on the look out! :)
Man Carrie was so right! People often do forget just how resourceful the library really can be! I'm so glad I've rekindled my relationship with my local library + I hope you'll do the same thing too! BIG shout out to Carrie for once again inspiring me! :)


Until next time friends...Cheers!!

<3 Noonie