22 October 2014

Carmelita's + Classic Signs


Weekend was good. I finally got around to trying this one local Mexican restaurant that goes by the name of Carmelita's. My bf has been telling me about it for some time now as it's his favorite one in the Sacramento area + after trying the food I can see why! I ordered the Enchiladas Verdes plate which consisted of 2 Shrimp enchiladas topped with green enchilada sauce (which I normally don't like but I loved it!) + served with sliced avocado, rice + black beans. Everything tasted so delicious + fresh, I was quite impressed! I also had a fruit infused Margarita which was pretty tasty too, although it could've been a bit stronger (lol). The food wasn't the only thing that impressed me about this restaurant though, the service was outstanding + it was also very beautifully decorated both inside + out! Very ornate. I will definitely be going back! :)



Had some errands to run after lunch + while we were errand running we drove through a part of town that's a little older. I'm such a fan of pretty much anything vintage so when I saw a couple of old signs that were definitely from back in the day I grabbed my phone real quick + snapped a few photos! My favorite one was of this sign that reads "San Juan Motel" it looks like it's from the 50's or something but what I really liked about it (other than the fact that it's old) is how the sign is just pointing to an empty lot, where the hotel obviously stood at one time. Pretty damn cool this sign is still up + in good condition, even after all of these years.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! 


Until next time friends....Cheers!

<3 Noonie