24 September 2013

Savory 'n Sweet Din Din

Yum!


Decided to make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight, and boy was it a hit. I've made meatballs one time before, but nothing compared to the ones I made tonight. Ever since I made that meatloaf with the brown sugar sauce last week I've been wanting to experiment some more with this unlikely duo. That's were the meatballs come in.

I simply googled "meatballs made with brown sugar and bread crumbs" and found a ton of recipes. Decided to go with a recipe I found on SparkRecipes.com to use as a guide line for the meatballs; although I ended up adding a few things that were not in the recipe and I didn't follow the measurements as I did not want to make 42 meatballs, which is what the recipe originally yields.

Sweet 'n Savory Meatballs

Prep Time;
5-10 Minutes
Bake Time:
15 Minutes

Ingredients:

*1 lb Ground Beef

*1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs(+/-)
(I personally like the Italian seasoned type)

*1 Egg

*3 Teaspoons Brown Sugar +
some for sprinkling

*2 Cloves Garlic 
(or you can use garlic powder 
which is what the original recipe calls for)

*1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning

*Dash of A-1 Sauce
(I love A-1 and thought it'd add an extra kick of flavor)

*Grated Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling
(Added this to the recipe)

*Salt & Pepper 

Directions:

*Preheat oven to 425
*Combine ingredients in a large bowl
*Roll meat into balls
*Place on lightly greased cookie sheet
*Sprinkle brown sugar and Parmesan cheese on top
(I thought this would give it an extra special touch ;))
*Bake 15-20 minutes 
until sides are brown and there is no pink in the middle

Before baking
Should've taken an after! 

These meatballs turned out so delicious and very moist! Really love the sweet an savory taste! To keep the sweet 'n savory theme continuing I also served a sweet 'n savory salad. Just mixed some romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, Parmesan Caesar dressing, crackers, and..honey roasted sunflower seeds, which is where the sweet part comes in. 

Sweet 'n savory salad

Overall a great meal that was quick to prep and get on the dinner table! This recipe is definitely going into my recipe book, and I can't recommend it enough! Can't wait to experiment some more with the brown sugar and meat duo as it's my new favorite combo, which is something I never thought I'd enjoy.

Here's to trying new things...Cheers! :)