07 September 2013

Good Evening to "Afternoon"


"Afternoon"

Sometimes I really don't know where the days go, but I guess that comes with getting older. Next thing I know it's already Saturday and I'm not sure where the week has gone (let alone the Summer for that matter). I guess it's been kind of worse because I've had a cold for a week now, fun times.

Decided I wanted to do a painting today. It's been months since I've used acrylic paint (which use to be my favorite/sole medium). Acrylic painting is what initially got my feet wet as far as painting goes. But alas I kind of shoved it aside for a while to explore other mediums that don't require as much time as acrylic painting does. I do enjoy using acrylics but just can't commit myself to them as they do take a lot of time to complete, particularly when painting with different colors.

But this afternoon the acrylic paint was calling to me. I wanted to keep it simple so I decided to just do a B&W piece. It's been quite some time since I've finished an acrylic piece in one sitting so it was awesome that I finished it, and of course that I love the results! :)

Stage 1
                          


Gettin' there!
                         

Stage 5
                            



Stage: Time to dry!

I was thinking about trying to sell this piece, which is something I don't typically do. I'm the type of artist that gets attached to their work, as I'm sure most artists are. But I'm kind of at the point now where I'd like to share my art, so I think I'm going to try to sell this piece. 

I have some left over paint in my swiftly made Tupperware palette (ha). So I may decide to paint another B&W piece within the next few days. 

Say Hi Duke!
                  


On another note there's a new addition to my family and his name is Duke! :) 3 month year old Chihuahua mix rescued from the SPCA. Oh to havin a new pup in the house! :) 

                                                                 Until next time..cheers!