20 September 2013

Meat & Taters Kinda Night

Dinner is served!
Operation dinners at home has been a success! A few weeks back I wrote about how my boyfriend and I wanted to get out of the habit of always going out for dinner and we've been stickin' to our guns. Not only did we cut out the routine of going for dinner but my boyfriend has been taking lunch with him to work instead of going out for lunch everyday. What I didn't mention earlier is that he is a super picky eater, so these are huge feats!

I've been making all kinds of yummy dinners and lunches for him and myself, and I found a particularly delicious meatloaf recipe on AllRecipes.com that I just had to share! What I love about AllRecipes is that it allows you to input how many servings you'd like to make and it will tailor the recipe for you. This really works for me because I typically only cook for my boyfriend and myself. I've never made meatloaf like the one I'm about to tell you about but this bad boy went right down in my recipe book.

The following recipe serves 4, as I mentioned you can tailor the serving size to your needs directly on AllRecipes.

"Easy Meatloaf"

Prep Time: 10 mins
Bake Time: 1 hr 10 mins

Ingredients: 

3/4 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 Egg
1/2 Onion, Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs, 
(I use Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs)
1 T. Italian Seasoning
S & P, to taste

Topping:

1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Mustard
2 Tablespoons & 2 Teaspoons Ketchup

Directions:
*Start out by preheating your oven to 350.

*Combine top ingredients in a large bowl. 

*Place meat mix on a lightly greased loaf pan. 
(If you don't have a loaf pan simply form the mix into a loaf shape and place into a baking dish.)

*Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl and spoon on top of the meat loaf.

*Place in oven for a little over 1 hour.


Some of the ingredients




All done!!

This meatloaf came out so moist and full of flavor! I really really loved the sauce that goes on top of it and plan on making extra next time as it is so good! The hint of brown sugar really did wonders for it!

Even my picky eater really enjoyed this meal proclaiming "this is the best dinner you've ever cooked!", and that's sayin' something!

I couldn't recommend this recipe enough! It's easy to make, the prep time isn't bad, and the left overs are great for making meatloaf sandwiches!

Happy Friday all!! Cheers!!

<3 Noonie


8/2014 UPDATE: I've been making this recipe for quite some time + have added my own ingredients to the original recipe along the way. I have updated the recipe above to reflect these changes which consist of: adding garlic + Italian Seasoning as well as using Italian Seasoned bread crumbs rather than just regular ol' bread crumbs. These little tweaks have made an already delicious recipe even better! Hope you enjoy! :)