07 February 2014

Kettle Corn Parsnips



This photo might not look like much, but boy were these little guys delicious!
This was an impromptu purchase as well as an impromptu experiment, I went to the grocery store today to purchase some kale + left without any lettuce but picked up a bunch of broccoli + a parsnip.
I roasted them both together, the broccoli came out as planned but the parsnip wasn't quite right. It needed more seasonings. When I looked into the cabinet the first thing I saw was honey and cinnamon so I figured why not, plus I hadn't had dessert yet.
The result was nothing short of amazing!

Ingredients:
Parsnip
Olive Oil
Honey
Cinnamon
Salt

Directions:
1. Cut up the parsnip into bite sized pieces
2. In a bowl: Combine Oil + Salt
3. Toss parsnip in bowl + coat
4. Place on a baking sheet
5. Bake at 400 for 40-60 minutes (depending on your oven)
5a. You will know they are ready when a fork can be easily inserted + parsnip is tender
6. Remove from baking sheet + place back into bowl
7. Add honey + cinnamon, stir to coat
8. Place back in oven for 10 minutes

Tips:
For the amounts, I didn't measure anything, I just threw in the ingredients until they looked like enough. You can make as many or as few as you please.
The extra coating of honey makes them crispy and gives them a little caramelization