04 February 2014

Impromptu Art Show

Few of my favorite 
pieces of art that I own

A couple of years ago a friend of mine went on vacation to Brazil and she brought me back a couple of goodies, including a few paintings done by a local Brazilian artist! If you've read this blog before you'd know these little paintings were right up my alley. Thought I'd share a few pics of them :)


 I love the bright colors that the artist used to create these paintings! 

I decided to include photos of the sides of the paintings as they need their story told too! I typically don't paint the sides of my canvases to incorporate them into the painting which is another reason why I really liked these paintings too. Got me thinking that maybe I should start doing the same with my pieces. It's funny how an artist that's thousands of miles away can inspire a complete stranger, and they don't even know it. The power of art my friends. The power of art.

Back of the painting

I really wish I knew exactly what the # represented that's in the top left corner. My best guess is it's the 119th painting that the artist has done exactly like this? I guess I'll really never know. I like how the artist Flor, included the title of the piece, where it's from, what year it was done, and by whom. I think this information is important to include on a piece so people years from now can track the history of this painting. I had posted a blog earlier about an oil painting my boyfriend and I had found at a thrift store and I would've loved to have known more about the artist and the piece! If only they had included this info. Makes me think I guess it's never too early to start thinking about the long long term future. For this reason I decided I'm going to start including this information on all of my pieces so that one day years from now, when I'm not around someone will know where the piece came from and that I did it. Pretty deep stuff right?


I also really like how the artist painted scenes from the area, depicting different activities that the locals must do.



Hope you enjoyed the art show!


Until next time...Cheers!!

P.S. Are you an artist? Or would you like to share a piece of your favorite art? We would love to feature it right here on BSOM! Check out our Contact page for more info! :)