16 January 2014

New Piece + My Inspirational Sources

In keeping with my New Years resolution to commit to finishing all projects I start, I have done just that with a piece that I've been meaning to finish for the past 2 months or so. Turned out even better than I had anticipated, which is always a plus! :)


Laying the initial sketch down
with pencil.


Sky is complete. Time to perfect the girl's figure.
She was tricky.

After much tweaking I'm happy with how she turned out.

Untitled as of yet.
Medium: Oil Pastel

I already have an idea for my next piece, and have decided upon using water color rather than oil pastel for it. As with the piece that I just completed above, I got my inspiration for my next piece from beautiful photographs taken by photographers such as Unggul Santosa and Christer Olsen, whom I follow on my Instagram account. I highly suggest you check out their work, it's amazing!  (Hit their name for a link to their Instagram account)


Until next time...Cheers!!