09 November 2014

Noonie's 1st Art Show!!




Yeah yeah I know, I've been blog slackin', lol. Life has just been a little hectic for me lately, I guess it all began a few weeks ago when I received word that I was chosen to participate in an art event...my very first art show! You may have already heard the news as I've mentioned it once before on BSOM, but today I thought I'd go a little more into detail + tell ya the whole story of how this exciting news came to be!




Like I said it all began a few weeks ago with an email I had received from the art organization RAW. I had heard of this organization in the past as we've featured a RAW artist right here on BSOM a few months ago. I learned more about this organization as the email included their back story as well as invitation to submit my work to their upcoming Holiday Rawk event. They had found me through my art Instagram page + I guess they must've liked what they saw! I immediately jumped on the opportunity + submitted my work, which led to me being in their art show! It's funny because a few days before I had received the email I had saw their "Call to Artists" ad on Craigslist, which I had thought about replying to but was hesitant! But as it was fate took a hold + got them in touch with me + I couldn't be more thrilled about this opportunity to get my name out there + to rub elbows with fellow local artists! 


The Details..............

WHEN: 12/10/14 | 7-11 pm
WHERE: The Ace of Spades | Sacramento, CA

Now to the work part of it all! I was chosen to exhibit my art but I have to sell 20 tickets by 12/3 in order to show it at no cost. Tickets are $15 apiece + have to be purchased prior to the event. (Tickets may be purchased after 12/3 but they won't go towards the 20 I must sell) Tickets can be purchased through this link that is specific to just my ticket sales:



There will be a link on the top of my RAW profile that says "Buy Tickets For This Artist" which is where you'll wanna go. This event is 21+ only and cocktail attire is required, but no need to get too fancy they just don't want to see shorts and flip flops! It's fun to play dress up once in a while anyways :) 
So far there are 4 other 'visual artists', 5 photographers, 5 musicians, 6 fashionistas, 3 hair/makeup artists, 1 performing artist + a DJ...talk about a room full of talent!


Official Event Flyer!


Thought I'd share a little more about the host of this event, the art organization RAW + what to expect to see at the show! From their website...


"WHAT IS RAW?

RAW:natural born artists is an international independent arts organization that hand-selects and spotlights independent creatives in visual art, film, fashion, music, hair & makeup artistry, photography, models and performing art.



RAW's mission is to provide up-and-coming artists of all creative realms with the tools, resources and exposure needed to inspire and cultivate creativity so that they might be seen, heard and loved. RAW educates, connects and exposes emerging artists in over 60 artistic communities across the United States, Australia, Canada and the U.K. through monthly showcase events. Join us in celebrating the work of these artists.

WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
RAW events are multi-faceted artistic showcases. Each event features a film screening, musical performance, fashion show, art gallery, performance art and a featured hairstylist and makeup artist. These artists are all local, hand-picked talent who have been chosen to feature at RAW.

RAW events feature a cash bar for cocktails while you enjoy the night. Dress code is cocktail attire, so dress the occasion and get ready for an artistic circus of creativity!"

This is seriously a dream come true for me!! + I'm kind of thinking of it as a birthday present to myself + for myself as the event is being held just 2 days after my birthday! :) If you're in the Sacramento area I hope you can make it out to this awesome art event!




Until next time friends...Cheers!!!

<3 Noonie


P.S. I'll be back to posting my regular MOTW + AFOMFT as soon as things get back to normal!