26 November 2014

Pumpkin Muffins | New Addition


I haven't made pumpkin muffins since last year's recipe, and since we are in the season of pumpkin EVERYTHING I decided to try out a new recipe.
This recipe was definitely 'up there' on the delicious factor. One of my favorite pumpkin bread's to date.



The Simple Veganista Recipe, I modified it slightly for mine.


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350'
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, stir together
3. Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl + combine (minus the pumpkin)
4. Add pumpkin + wet mixture to the dry ingredients + mix until there are no clumps
-- Taste the batter and adjust accordingly
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, to desired consistency

Yield:
8 normal size muffins
10 mini muffins

Tips:
Sneak in a little chocolate chips for an added treat.
My man-friend likes his muffins moister, so I only baked these for 20 minutes, however, if you like them more firm then let them cook on the 25 minute end.

I tend to bake large batches every week or every other week + freeze the pastries until we are ready to eat them. These guys froze/stored well.

**NOTE: I wanted to apologize for the photo composition lately... I got new plates (the grey ones) and now I have realized that they do not photograph well. I'm working on finding other creative photography options, but until then please hold tight. **