20 November 2014

Family of Artists

Up until about 5 years ago I had no idea that there were in fact other artists in the family. I don't know much about my mom's side of the family but I managed to find out that both my Grandpa + Great Aunt were both artists. And good ones too. From what I can gather my Grandpa mostly did pencil works, while my Great Aunt was a painter. I definitely had one of those "so that's where I got it from" moments when I found out there were other artists in the family. I just hope one day I'll be as talented as them. My mom only has a few pieces that my Great Aunt Olga painted + I thought it'd be fun to share them with you! :)

Furry Friends
Rocks that she painted in 1985 + to think I wasn't even born yet when these were done! Lol.





"Morning in the Forest" 
Painted in 1986 


Although I've never had the chance to met my Great Aunt I thought it was funny how we both like to paint + enjoy painting naturey type pieces. Just goes to show ya the apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree. :)


Until next time friends...Cheers!!!

<3 Noonie