19 August 2014

Noonie's |Musings of The Week| 1



At this very moment you are reading the product of my most recent musings. This week I've been working hard on getting myself re-inspired to create + that's where this post comes in. I've decided that from here on out (fingers crossed) I will be posting a weekly installment of "Noonie's |Musings of The Week|" as a way to help keep me inspired + focused on my current ideas + thoughts. It's easy to get caught up in the BS of day to day living, which often leads to becoming uninspired, or lack of energy to create at least that's what happens to me occasionally. Which is why I think a weekly check-in with what my current ideas for future projects or what I'm currently thinking about would be quite helpful to me. Heck maybe it'll even inspire you to dig a little deeper + start checking in with yourself a little more. Here it goes.

As I mentioned this week I'm working hard on getting myself re-inspired to create, in a couple of aspects of my life. Including musing up new ideas for BSOM blog posts, new ideas for future art projects/pieces I'd like to create, + new recipes I want to try.


 Here are a few of this week's musings...


* BSOM Blog Post Ideas: 

"Noonie's |Musings of The Week|": This type of installment comin' atcha weekly!

+ "A Few of My Favorite Things": The title says it all. Inspired by the blog A Beautiful Mess, one that Nelli + I both follow. A few of my favorite things will consist of all of my favorite things of the week. This is another type of blog post that I'd like to start doing on a weekly basis. If you missed it I just posted my first installment of this new blog post series a few days ago, you can find it here.

+ "Change of Seasons: |Summer 2014|": Will be the title of my first installment of posts focusing on the changing of the Seasons. I'm starting to realize Summer is coming to an end + I wanted to document what it's held for me, such as a favorite memory or cool photo I've taken this Summer. Be on the look out for this post to come in the coming month or so.


* Art Project of the Week:

+ As you may know I am an artist, an active artist. Which means I'm always musing up new art project ideas or finding ones that I'd like to try. This week I stumbled upon this little number, an easy DIY that shows you how to make a simple print. 


The photo quality isn't that great but you get the idea. Check out the link above for a clearer picture of this fun little project. Since I rarely eat out I don't have any take out boxes in the fridge, but I do have my eye on the egg carton in the fridge which I think will work just fine.

+ Wanting (Art Related): A new sketchbook/diary! Specifically a bound sketchbook that has blank thick white pages on it, maybe a moleskin? What prompted this recent urge is that I was looking at Tanxuan's sketchbook online that looked just like the sketchbook I described + it was filled with huge pieces of artwork that engulfed both pages of the sketchbook + I absolutely loved how it looked! I think I'd like to not only create works of art that engulf the entire pages of the sketchbook but I'd also like to include my personal thoughts within these pieces thereby making it a sketchbook/diary :) 


*Recipes To Try This Week:


+ Bean Salad: Thinking about making that bean salad that I shared with you all last Summer on my post End of Summer Potluck. I hate to admit it but I have yet to try my hand at making it. Maybe I'll get to it this week! 


Source

+ Pumpkin Doughnuts: Another food I may try to make this week are Pumpkin Doughnuts. I know it isn't quite Fall just yet, but pumpkin is good any day out of the year + so are doughnuts for that matter. I haven't found an exact recipe I want to use yet, but the one linked above looks pretty good. I don't have a doughnut pan on hand so I just may end up making pumpkin muffins instead. We'll see.


Hope you enjoyed this first installment of my "Musings of The Week"! I'll be sure to check in with you on next week's MOTW + let you know how this week's projects went!

 I'm so excited to see these fresh new ideas grow + blossom right here on BSOM! 
I know you're goin' love it + I hope it inspires you too! :)


Until next time friends...Cheers!!!

<3 Noonie