24 August 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things | Edition 2



If you happened to catch my first "AFOMFT" post you'd know why the photo above is there. Hell maybe if you didn't read my first post (shame on you) you'd know why it's there. In any case I'm super excited to bring you this installment of my favorite things of the week, which as I mentioned before was inspired by the blog A Beautiful Mess.

Enjoy!


THIS QUOTE: 


Photo Credit: Nelli! <3

I originally found this quote on Pinterest, but I couldn't figure out who said it.
 It really hit home with me, because it's such a positive message of hope


THIS PAINTING:


Title: Masks
Artist: Louis Soutter

As I mentioned in my first AFOMFT post I follow this one awesome Instagram account called Great Paintings, which is were I found this painting. I really liked this painting because of it's abstract nature, the limited yet effective palette of colors the artist used + the energy/movement of the piece. To me it evokes that feeling you get when you get a sugar or caffeine rush lol but I mean that in a good way. 



THIS MOVIE:

The Great Gatsby. Of course I saw this movie when it first came out, but my mom hadn't so we rented it this week. I forgot how much I really like it + she really liked it too! I just love how it's filmed, how all the colors are so saturated + "turned up" + of course the music! I just love how they unexpectedly combined modern rap/music with the old flapper days + how it all went together so well. If you still haven't seen this movie yet, I highly suggest it! :)




THIS GUY:



Simon Rex aka Dirt Nasty.  A model turned actor turned rapper, you might recognize him from Scary Movie although he's done other films as well. I personally love his rapper alter-ego Dirt Nasty. His rhymes are hilarious + quite entertaining! But who am I kidding? He's my favorite guy every week.


THIS MEAL:


Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting

Okay so maybe these aren't technically a "meal meal" lol but I did eat them for breakfast. If you caught this week's Noonie's |Musings of The Week| 1 you'd know it was my goal this week to make pumpkin muffins or doughnuts for the first time. Well I checked that one off the list! I'll be sharing the recipe for these delicious muffins + frosting in the coming week so be on the look out for it! :) 

These were just a few of my favorite things from this week, but I'd like to know what was your favorite thing from this week? Comment below <3


Until next time friends...Cheers!!!

<3 Noonie