25 August 2014

Noonie's |Musings of The Week| Edition 2




Hi friends! If you happened to catch my very first
Noonie's |MOTW| Edition 1 you'd know what this post is all about, but for those of you who missed let me catch ya up. I wanted to start this weekly series in order to help keep me inspired + focused on my current ideas + thoughts. It's easy to get caught up in the BS of day to day living, which often leads to becoming uninspired, or lack of energy to create at least that's what happens to me occasionally. Which is why I think a weekly check-in with what my current ideas for future projects or what I'm currently thinking about would be quite helpful to me. Heck maybe it'll even inspire you to dig a little deeper + start checking in with yourself a little more



Here are a few of this week's musings...

Art of the Week:




+ Sacramento News & Review Newsstand: I haven't mentioned it yet but this project has been in the works for over a month. It's taking longer than expected due to health delays, but I'm hoping to finish it up this week. As you might've noticed I'm being somewhat vague about this project because I really don't want to spill the whole can of beans until I've completed it. 




+ Artist Feature!: This week I'm working on putting together an artist feature for a very talented Abstract Expressionist Painter by the name of Russell Willis who also happens to be a Sacramento based artist! I'm very excited about this upcoming feature because Russ is the very first Sacramento based artist to be featured here on BSOM! Be on the look out for this Q+A comin' atcha this Friday! Here's a link to Russ's Instagram so you can get a little taste of what's to come! 


Recipes To Try This Week:




Source

+ Brown Sugar + Garlic BBQ Chicken: Found a yummy looking recipe for this chicken dish on Pinterest a few days ago + I'm planning on making it this week! It looks so good! I can't wait to share it with ya! :)  



                                                                             
Source                                        Source  

+ Apple Pies Baked into Apples or Apple Rings: Found recipes for these sweet treats while perusing the net the other day + I'm thinking about making one of them this week. I've never tried to make apple pies like this or apple rings before so it'd be a first + I do enjoy trying my hand at new recipes. 



Other Random Musings:  

Other things I'm currently thinking about/working on...

+ Bedroom move: This has been another 'under wraps' project I've been working on. I haven't mentioned it yet, but I did move bedrooms a few weeks back + if you're a regular here on BSOM you'd know of my bedroom wall revamp  plans which I had made for my old bedroom. Well the plans are staying the same it's just the bedroom that has changed! lol This week I'm planning on sketching out the mural(s) that I'd like to paint in my new bigger bedroom. Details to come!








+ Earl Grey: Turning my nose up + sticking my pinky out. I've written about my love for Twinnings Earl Grey Tea before. But until this week I never realized I've become an Earl Grey snob. No joke. Lol. My mom had got me some Bigelow Earl Grey, and of course I was grateful to her for it. She knows I love me a good ol' cup of Earl Grey. The snobbery of this story comes into play when I tasted the BEG. I've drinkin' BEG plenty of times before + enjoyed it, but this time as I was drinking it I realized it's definitely not as good as TEG. I've become an Earl Grey snob out of no where. To me the BEG tastes more watered down + doesn't have that strong Earl Grey taste that a cup of  Twinning brings. #FirstWorldProblems

Hope you enjoyed this installment of my "Musings of The Week"! I'll be sure to check in with you on next week's MOTW + let you know how this week's projects went!



So this is the part where I check in + tell ya how my previous week's musings/projects went. After all this weekly series of posts is all about keeping me  inspired + focused, and accountability is part of it too. 



+ So far so good! I've been keeping up with my goal to post a weekly Musings of The Week + A Few of My Favorite Things posts + I've been having a lot of fun putting them together! :)



+ Art Project from last week: Done + done. Created my very first relief print last night + I'm totally stoked with how it turned out! Stay tuned in the coming week(s) for this project's tutorial! 






+ Recipes To Try: I did end up making both the Bean Salad + Pumpkin Muffins that I had wanted to. I've already shared the bean salad recipe before here on BSOM, but it was my first time making it + it turned out great! It was super simple to make + made a great side + snack. The Pumpkin Muffins were new to me, but the recipe I ended up using was also really simple to put together + the muffins are sooo good! I'll be sure to share the recipe for these bad boys sometime this week!




All in all I think I did pretty damn good for my first MOTW, can't wait to share these new goodies with ya! 


Until next time friends...Cheers!!

<3 Noonie