06 August 2014

Fancy Toasts



This week I came upon a loaf of fresh baked sourdough bread; this of course has had me making yummy sandwiches all week + in this case has me brainstorming creative methods to use up the bread.

This concoction was my dinner last night, and as like many of my creations it's made up of random things I had lying around. If you happen to have these ingredients I highly recommend them both, if not I suggest you doing a little experimenting of your own!

Avocado Toast
1/4 Avocado
Sprinkling of Salt
Drizzle of Olive Oil

Fig Toast
1 tsp Apple Butter
Drizzle of Honey
Sprinkle of salt
1/2 Fig

Directions:
1. Toast bread
2. While bread is toasting cut figs + prep avocado. 
- Avocado: slice into cubes, place on wooden cutting board, mash with fork, add salt till desired (and any other spices), mash a little more.
3. Compile toast
- Fig: spread apple butter, add sliced figs, drizzle honey, and sprinkle with a touch of salt
- Avocado: drizzle toast with olive oil, add your mashed avocado

For something extra tye adding pumpkin or sunflower seeds to your fig toast or add cucumber or chia seeds to the avocado.

Another victory from "The Lazy Chef"
Cheers
-Nelli