31 August 2013

Life-Changer

It was about one year ago, when I made the decision to stay in NYC. I had packed up all my belongings and been planning to move to Chicago for grad school, I wanted to be an architect, was accepted into a prestigious school, and was ready to start a new life. I was excited, to say the least! But something didn't feel right.
Two-weeks prior to moving day I began to freak out. I started questioning my choices, what was I doing?! After speaking to anyone who would listen to me, I wandered into Central Park and spent about an hour on the phone with my mother, I was 80% sure after that phone call, so I decided to call a friend. After 5 minutes on the phone with him, it was decided. I was staying!

That day changed my life forever, not only did I stay in NYC, but I also decided to finish up my masters degree in Urban Planning. I couldn't have been happier with my decision. 

I've gained so many new friends, new opportunities, and new experiences since then. I have two wonderful roommates, moved (and fell in love with) Astoria, got an internship with the city, improved my relationships with old friends, and made new friendships with some wonderful people. Not to mention I've been able to travel solo, which I had never done before. 

That day I made the single best decision in my life, or so I hope.

2012: The day my life forever changed
2013: One year later, still :)