28 December 2014

Bona Fide Artist



As Nelli mentioned a few posts back we've both been blog slackin', our bad. Life has been crazy the past few months for me, between preparing for my first art show + Christmas, the time has just been flying by! But it's definitely a good thing, as I've been spending my time gettin' shit done + it's been paying off! 

My first art show was a total success!  I got lots of exposure + positive feedback on my work, sold my 2nd + 3rd pieces ever, met some awesome fellow artists, my honey bought me my very first original painting from one of these talented people (pic below!), + I was surrounded by my closest friends who came out to support me! I mean it doesn't get much better than that for a first art show or any art show for that matter! I'm beyond thankful that I was given the opportunity to participate in the show + to be grouped with so much talent...it was a true honor + dream come true for me! I guess I can call myself a bona fide artist now  Thank you again to all of my family + friends for your support + for believing in me + my art! It truly means so much to me! 






First piece for my collection!

In other art news...I just entered in a submission (pic below) for my first juried art exhibit which is being hosted by the Sacramento Fine Arts Center! My piece will be hanging alongside the other entries at the center from mid January through mid February! Wish me luck! 


Boy Blue

Not only that but...3 pieces of mine have been accepted to hang in the West Sacramento Community Center Art Gallery for the entire month of March which I'm totally stoked about! It's definitely been a dream of mine to have my work be hung in an actual gallery, so it's very exciting times for me! The above piece + the following pieces will be exhibited...




Big things are definitely happenin' for me artistically + I couldn't be happier about it or more excited to share these special moments with all the people that mean so much to me! Can't wait to see where this journey takes me next! It just goes to show if you believe in yourself + your dreams they will come true!


Until next time friends...Cheers!!
<3 Noonie