13 May 2014

Peanut Butter Cravings


I don't typically eat peanut butter, but I had a craving for it that I couldn't brush off. What I really wanted was some peanut butter squares, like the ones we used to have in middle school. I hadn't had peanut butter squares since those days, but knew only they would be able to satisfy this craving of mine. The ones we had in school were no bake and served cold, + I initially planned on making this type of peanut butter square but happened upon a baked version + I had to run with it!

I found this recipe on TasteofHome.com. What I really liked about it is that it's simple + requires ingredients that most people already have on hand. Not only that but the squares are super delicious whether you serve them hot out of the oven or at room temperature. These peanut butter squares kind of have a brownie like texture to them which is another reason why I really liked them. But enough chit chat let's get down to business!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 25-32 minutes

Ingredients:
* 1/2 C. Butter
*1/2 C. Peanut Butter 
(I prefer to use crunchy PB for the added texture)
* 1 1/2 C. Sugar
(There is a diabetic in the family + so sometimes 
I cut the sugar amount in 1/2, still tastes great!)
* 1 C. Flour
* 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 t. Vanilla Extract

Directions:
* Preheat oven to 350

* Either in a microwave or on the stove melt butter + peanut butter together, stir until smooth

* Combine the sugar + flour in a separate bowl, slowly add to the butter mix

* Add the eggs + vanilla extract stir until mixed well

* Pour mix into a greased 13x9 baking pan
(This was my first time using an 8x8 pan instead of a 13x9 I kind of liked the thicker cut
 but should have cut the bake time. These got a little browner than I wanted.)

* Bake until edges are golden brown

* Serve up + enjoy!!



Love Love Love this recipe + I know you will too!
Next time I think I'm going to add some bananas + maybe even some chocolate just to mix it up!

Until next time friends...Cheers!!

<3 Noonie


P.S. Let me know how yours turn out!

Comment below :)