29 July 2015

The past SEVEN months...

Hey folks,

It has been about 7 months since my last post [YIKES!], so I figured it was about time to give 'er a go. This has been a crazy year so far
- I got the job of my dreams
- I traveled around California, the East Coast, and Croatia
- I've had 4 different NYers come to stay with us
- Made some new friends
- Changed my diet back to being healthier :)
- and and and....

I'm not even sure where to start, but I guess a good first place is at the beginning.
In February I landed a job as a futurist; I read, research, analyze, write documents pertaining to the future of the built environment, and most importantly I learn every day.
Since I was a young girl one of my favorite things to do was learn; I spent many a recess in the library, I listened to stories from all the grown ups I knew, and I could not wait for the end of summer vacation so I could go back to school [and yes my friends thought I was a weirdo for it]. As an adult, I somehow found a way to spend 8 years pursuing college degrees. Now, since college ended, I have admittedly felt lost. This job marries all of my favorite things: learning + analyzing + spreadsheets + events + constant variation.

One of my favorite bits about this job is that no two days are the same. One day I'm researching future libraries, the next I am looking into 'past futures,' the next I might be hosting a workshop on recycling or looking at innovative siding. Whatever the topic might be, it is always fascinating.

Here is a little glimpse at a few 'futurist photos'

Urban Space


Fun + Funky Rooftop


GPS Shoes


Architectural Installation


Retro Future


P.S. There is a whole world of 'retro futures' out there if you're interested