27 October 2013

Tuna Salad


Tuna salad is one of my favorite lunch time treats. Particularly the tuna salad from 'wichcraft.
I was buying these salads daily last year, when my boss said "why don't you just make it?" And genius struck!

So my obsession continued! 
The salad is super simple and easy to make, plus I'll give you tips on packing salads in your lunch. I spent years not eating salads because I thought it'd be soggy by the time I got to where I was going, then I read about packing salads one day and my work lunches changed.

Salad Recipe:
Tuna (packed in olive oil)
Olives
Fennel
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Arugula

Packing:
1. Put the wet parts at the bottom.
2. Start with tuna and oils, then olives and fennel, and place the arugula on the top.
3. Put the lid on and shake away.

I often make my salads the night before, and 16+ hours later when I eat it the lettuce is still crisp.



'wichcraft version



my version