31 July 2013

Days in Dumbo

Been spending some time in Brooklyn lately between friends and foes Brooklyn just seems to draw us all to its charm.
This past weekend I was in brooklyn all three days, and below are just a few photos of Dumbo to show you. DUMBO stands for 'Down Under the Manhattan Brooklyn Overpass' and is one of my favorite spots in all of New York City.

Dumbo is known for Grimaldi's Pizza, its views of the Brooklyn Bridge, 2 massive waterfront parks, and of course the ice cream shop on the pier. This past weekend Dumbo and I experience quite a few 'NYC firsts together.'

It all began Friday evening with an impromptu dinner with a friend. I met up with them under the brooklyn bridge at Luke's Lobster (which I should have gotten a photo of!), I had a crab roll which was delicious! I don't know how it took me so long to try one, twist my arm why don't ya?! Followed by a book signing of Afro: A Celebration of Natural Hair, by Michael July, which again I should have gotten a photo of but we snuck in so shhhhhh. Next was a trip to One Girl Cookies for a handful of delicious morsels and a hot chocolate, all of which were taken to go so we could watch the sunset over the bridge while enjoying each bite.
The next leg of my journey this evening took me into Long Island City, Queens (which you can view here), and proved to be equally as amazing!
On Sunday I was again in Dumbo to go to Smorgasbord and to hop a ride on the East River Ferry, both of which I should have taken photos... I think we're seeing a trend here that needs to be corrected, but I'm learning!

Enjoy!

Good Morning!
Brick
Portals
Housing
Brownstone Details
Brooklyn Bridge in DUMBO
Manhattan Bridge
Brooklyn Bridge