23 July 2013

Corn-Blueberry Muffins

This past weekend I was wandering around New York City and stopped by Smiles to Go for a brownie and maple cornbread (which was delicious!).
This got me to thinking that I should try my hand at making cornbread with fruit and maple syrup/honey in it, and tonight was just the occasion!

I did some research as I was looking for a Vegan & Gluten Free Cornbread recipe and I found one. I modified the recipe slightly and the flavor is amazing!

2 cups flour (2 cups corn or 1 corn & 1 wheat)
1 tea baking powder
1/2 tea baking soda
few pinches of salt
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup almond milk
2 handfuls of blueberries

Combine Dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another, then combine, stir, throw in blueberries, bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I made 2 different types of muffins.
1. cornbread with blueberries in it
2. cornbread with peanut-butter in the center, inspired by Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Healthy & Delicious, what is there to loose?

Corn-Blueberry Muffins

Peanut-butter Filled Corn Muffin